Last updated: 21 August 2017
By visiting www.getcoconut.com (the Site) or by using the Coconut app (the App) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), we confirm that the data controller is Monizo Ltd trading as Coconut, a limited company registered in England and Wales, with its registered office at 27 Old Gloucester Street, London, United Kingdom, WC1N 3AX. Its company number is 09904418.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you and your payees:
- Information you give us.
You may give us information about you by creating an account with us, by using the App, or by corresponding with us or with others via the App. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, country of residence, nationality, passport details (or other identity document details), occupation, date of birth, financial and credit/debit card information including details of your income and expenditure, contact lists, a personal description and photograph(s).
- Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your uses of the Site or App we may automatically collect:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Site and App (including date and time); the pages you viewed; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number; and
- Information we receive from other sources.
We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners who offer services which supplement and/or complement those offered via the Site or App, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us.
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered into between you and us and to provide you with information, products and services in connection with the App or Site;
- to allow you access to the Site;
- to allow selected third party service providers to enable your use of the services provided in the App. This information may be passed on to, stored and used by the third party service providers (including our E-money service provider). The third party service providers may pass on information held about you to their own subcontractors and partners where such disclosure is reasonably required to provide any information, products or services in connection with the App or Site, or (where applicable) this is necessary to their business as an issuer of electronic money;
- to notify you and other users of user activities on the App in accordance with the notification preferences you have selected;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes please notify us at [email protected];
- to notify you about changes to our Site, App, or other services; and
- to ensure that content from the Site and App is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
- to administer the Site and App, and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Site and App to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Site and App when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Site and the App safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Site or App about goods or services that may interest you or them.
We may use information we receive from other sources for any of the above purposes, depending on the nature of the information. Third parties will process and manage your data in accordance with their own privacy policies.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006. We may share your personal information with selected third parties, including:
- business partners, suppliers, sub-contractors and third party service providers, for example hosting providers;
- advertisers that require your data to select and serve relevant adverts to you;
- hosting, analytics, survey, search engine and other technical assistance providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the App or Site;
- to any entity in connection with its intended purchase of a company or business in the
group, upon completion of which transaction, personal data held by the relevant Coconut group company about its customers will be one of the transferred assets (whether transferred via a business or share sale); and
- if such disclosure is reasonably required in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Coconut, our customers, or others (including by exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
Certain personal data may also be shared with other users of the App as part of its normal operation. For example, your profile picture, name and biographical information that you add may be accessible to users.
Where we store your personal data
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will endeavour to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted via the App or Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You may ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You may do this by emailing us at [email protected].
The Site or App may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.